Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back from Hiatus


Hiatus- From Latin hiatus, the past participle of hiare (to stand open, yawn).

It was a big yawn. One that spanned a couple months and one in which I reemerged with a Masters Degree in Food Policy and Applied Nutrition from the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts. The yawn was followed by a long nap, and alas, I have awakened to the next phase of my life. I must admit: I am excited.

This summer will be filled with relevant food policy happenings (Child Nutrition Re-authorization; Let's Move Campaign; Health care bill notification of rules) as well as creative program development in some of my favorite areas (Farm-to-School; Food Corps; Urban Gardening).

My hope is that this post starts my engine (and oils up yours). The Epicurean Ideal is back, and as idealistic as ever.

No comments: