Thursday, March 26, 2009

Disney Eggs?

Well, they aren't duck eggs, but I am sure that Donald would be saddened to see the way his relatives were treated in the "farm fresh" CAFO. Since when do we need Disney characters to sell food? Oh, since the industry realized it WORKS. Another reason why the food culture in this country is a mess. How confusing for children. I like what Marion Nestle says: Kid's food is suppose to be the same as adult food, with maybe smaller portions. Kids don't need special shapes, colors and cartoons to eat. They need to know their natural hunger cues.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I was thinking the same thing about the donald duck orange juice? why donald duck. ducks dont make orange juice. donald has NOTHING to do with orange juice. but i have to admit that i bought it anyways because it was cheapest and we were going camping. ps i like you blog, im a RD too - i'm so happy to see that another RD has interest in the book collapse - what a good book.

The Three Little Bears said...

If you get a chance - check out my blog today. I have questions about soil that I think you might be able to give advice on. Thank you!

Jess said...

This is just bizarre. I don't get how disney thought branding food would be appropriate. It scares me to think where they must come from.