Friday, February 27, 2009

Pinocchio- Save us from obesity!

Many of my friends know that I have been joking lately about naming my first son Pinocchio--Don't laugh, I wanted to bring it back. Alas, I don't have to! Tom Vilsack and the Ad Council are doing it for me. All in the name of obesity prevention. Nice. Now I need another name. Hmmm?

From PRNEWSWIRE:

The new television, radio, print, outdoor, and online PSAs, created by Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, remind parents that healthier lifestyle habits are critical for a child's mind and body and illustrate how much fun it can be to "Eat Right. Be Active." and "Make it Balance." Parents and caregivers are encouraged to visit the campaign's website www.MyPyramid.gov and use the USDA's My Pyramid to assist them in making healthy choices for their families.

"I am delighted to continue our partnership with USDA and to work with Secretary Vilsack on this critical campaign to educate parents and children about My Pyramid. I hope these PSAs motivate parents to begin taking simple steps today with their child's nutrition and physical activity habits because a healthy lifestyle can lead to a bright future for our children," said Peggy Conlon, President and CEO of The Advertising Council.

No comments: